Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Walk in the Park

Paul had to leave on the 7am bus this morning to teach and I did not. Since it has been so hot here I decided to walk around the lake in the park closest to our apartment. I went early and was moved along in the tide of the masses going to work and to school. When I got to the park it was most amazing! The first thing I noticed was all the music being played - quite loud.  Everything from traditional Chinese to quite western. Accompanying the music were groups of adults practicing various forms of the extremely popular tai chi exercise routines. Some were dressed in traditonal silk outfits and others had on either street clothes or some form of exercise clothing. Some just moved their hands and feet to the music and some held fans, or ribbons or wooden sticks. Everyone moved very slowly and in controlled movements in unison.  Fascinating to watch!

I was a little nervous here - the stick had a metal
ball on it and he was really swinging it.
She  was totally motionless and stayed that way.


The little dog would not stand still.

 


All finished!
 

 
 
 
 
We have had lots of rain and so the foliage and gardens were beautiful. No one was on the lake in the little paddle boats and the bridges were so pretty reflecting on the water.  I had a great time and I got back just in time and ready for a shower.





This one and the following picture are opposite sides of the same lake.
 
 



The lotus plants are almost ready to bloom
 
 

One last rose in bloom
 
 





A hotel on the way home.

 

2 comments:

  1. Almost thou persuadest me to move to China.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Pretty! And I'm still impressed you just wonder around and know where you are going!

    ReplyDelete